Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Best Dad Ever Father's Day Scrapbook Layout

Hi everyone.  I'm here with a Father's Day scrapbook layout and free Silhouette cut file.  I realize Father's Day was last month but I also know you have been busy this summer and might finally be getting some scrappy time and hey, why not scrap those father celebration photos?!?!

I chose a masculine vibe because it is all about dad, you know.

Father's Day scrapbook layout tutorial


To get started you'll need to punch 1-inch squares or download my free Silhouette cut file HERE.

I used 8 different patterned papers plus some white cardstock (for the background and squares). Arrange them randomly in a diagonal across and down your page.

TIP: I laid squares out in my Silhouette software and then cut a template for them, as pictured above in blue. I placed the blue cutout over my white cardstock background.  Then, I added dabs of glue inside the squares and placed the patterned paper squares.

Let dry completely before removing the template.  This ensure the lines stay as even as possible.
If you'd like, add machine or hand stitching. I chose to do straight lines at a diagonal going both ways.

Next, add your photos.  If you are using my template, I made it so you can use two 2"x2" photos and one 3"x3" photo.

Add your title right over the squares, between your photos. Next, add embellishments, such as cardstock stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts and more.  Finish it off with journaling. I plan to add my journaling around the edge of the layout, or perhaps in the empty squares. I'm still debating. Another alternative is that you could also do one less photo and use one of the photo spaces for jouranaling.

Supplies: Tealightful Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x12″ Bouquet (733527)Tealightful Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x12″ Delicate Lace (733528)Tealightful Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x12″ Fresh Picked (733529)Tealightful Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x12″ Meadow (733532)Tealightful Double-Sided Cardstock 12″x12″ Floral Patchwork (733535)Tealightful Thickers Stickers 5.5″x11″ 2/pkg Letter Alpha Pink/Glitter Foam (733538)Tealightful Ephemera Cardstock Die-Cuts 40/pkg (733540)Tealightful Washi Tape Strip Sheets 3/pkg (733541)Tealightful Puffy Stickers Icons (733542)Tealightful Word Stickers 3/pkg (733544)Jen Hadfield Simple Life 12×12 Patterned Paper – Music (733476)Jen Hadfield Simple Life 12×12 Patterned Paper – Perfect Plaid (733482)Jen Hadfield Simple Life 12×12 Patterned Paper – Tin (733484)

1 comment:

jbonomo said...

Love this! I just saw this on your July 26 post and tried your link to the cutfile and it took me to the Pebbles blog but no cutfile.?? Love your great design, cute photos and all the stitching. Would love to try this. Thank you for the tutorial.